You’re unique, you’re medication should be too. We are a locally and independently owned Compounding Pharmacy in Knoxville, Tennessee specializing in creating customized medication to meet patient’s unique needs. We aim to build longstanding relationships with our patients and work along with their doctors to help maximize their therapeutic outcomes.
Compounding is a CUSTOM treatment option that can help improve patient outcomes. Retail Pharmacies dispense medications that arrive at the pharmacy pre-made, where a Compounding Pharmacy creates your medication “from scratch.” This allows us to control all of the ingredients and their amounts going into your medication.
Compounded medications are a great option for those who:
- Have allergies to common mass-produced fillers. (lactose, gluten, preservatives, dyes, etc.)
- Need customized medication strengths. (children or the elderly)
- Are avoiding certain ingredients.
- Need unique dosage forms. (creams, suppositories, pellets, etc.)
- Are unable to take a medication due to unwanted side effects, unpleasant taste, or lack of improvement.
- Need medications that are in short supply or are on backorder.
- Want flavor specialization
- Need Sugar-Free Formulations
What we specialize in....
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
Available Dosage Forms:
-Creams, Ointments, and Lotions
-Transdermal Creams and Gels
-Vaginal Creams and Suppositories
-Topical and Oral Gel’s
-Nasal Sprays and Solutions
-Otic Solutions and Suspensions
If you have any questions regarding what can be compounded give us a call at (865)909-9713 Monday- Friday 9am-5pm.
How do I get my medication Compounded?
A prescription from a licensed practitioner is required for compounded medications. Ask your doctor about receiving a compounded medication. If you need any doctor recommendations give us a call at (865)909-9713. We are happy to provide you with recommendations.
If you have any questions feel free to give us a call (865)909-9713 Monday- Friday 9am-5pm. Thank you for choosing Heartland Apothecary.